Want dinner every night of the week to be simple, yet delicious!? Here are some yummy recipes I have been cooking lately that have simplified dinner decision-making and preparing. You can make them into family-sized meals, or divide them into 1-2 serving meals.
The one they’ve all been asking for!:
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I boil a bag of frozen chicken to use for multiple recipes)
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 flour tortillas
- 28oz can Red Enchilada Sauce
- Combine shredded chicken, 3 cups of cheese, and half of enchilada sauce in a large bowl.
- Pour half of remaining sauce on bottom of pan (9×13) or divide among small pans if desired and spread evenly.
- Cook tortillas on stove top. I like these Guerrero Uncooked Flour Tortillas. Most grocery stores carry them.
- Fill tortillas with chicken mixture and roll up. Place with seam side down in foil pan.
- Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the enchiladas and top with remaining cup of cheddar cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, uncover and bake for additional 5 minutes.
- If you would like to freeze for a later date, cover with foil and freeze. Cook at 350 degrees for 40 min, uncover and bake for additional 5 minutes.
If beef enchiladas are desired, simply substitute beef in place of chicken.
These are great in smaller servings to take to work and place in toaster oven to cook. Simple, yet delicious alternatives for lunch. Many of the recipes to follow can be made into smaller servings as well. It’s also a great alternative if you are cooking for 1-2 people!
More stress-free dinner recipes to follow! The more you make at one time, the less you have to do later!