If you love peanut butter, you will love these cupcakes! A creamy and delicious frosting must-have! This peanut butter frosting is even delicious on other flavored cupcakes besides chocolate, but chocolate is always a go-to. Simple vanilla cupcakes are just as delicious. I have made multiple cakes with this icing for birthdays as well, it just needs to be refrigerated after decorating. My favorite decoration for cakes are always with roses!
Peanut Butter Frosting & Chocolate Cupcakes
For the frosting:
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 stick butter, softened
1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
1 2 lb bag powdered sugar
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Cream together butter, creamy peanut butter, and cream cheese in mixer with paddle attachment.
2. Once butter, peanut butter, and cream cheese are creamed well together, slowly add in powdered sugar, alternating with milk.
3. Mix in vanilla extract.
4. Use piping bag and decorative tip to add icing to top of cupcakes (or cake).
For the cupcakes/cake:
1 box devils food cake mix along with ingredients on box
1. Follow directions on back of cake box, but substitute milk for water.
2. Fill cupcake liners 1/2 way to 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.
3. Let cool completely before icing cupcakes or cake.