Looking for a meatless recipe for dinner? Here’s a recipe I tried last week that was thrown together quickly but turned out rather tasty!
You will want to cut up any vegetables you wish and throw in gallon sized bag in the refrigerator so it’s ready to go when you decide its time to start dinner. I find that I have to find ways to prepare my dinner ahead of time in some way, even if it’s not the entire meal yet. I get up shortly before my kids do in the morning, so I find that cutting up all of my vegetables then is the best time, or during nap time. Then, all I have to do is throw it together when it’s dinner time and I don’t have to worry about spending too much time getting dinner ready with the kids pulling at my legs crying. It’s a in-win!
1 zucchini, chopped
1/2 bag of carrots, slice into smaller pieces
1 cup of asparagus, chopped into very small pieces
2 cans of Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic
1 cup of water
1 can crescent rolls
2 frozen deep dish pie shells
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
I just used the vegetables I already had in the fridge. Choose your own! Experiment!
1. Ahead of time, chop vegetables and place in gallon-sized bag into fridge.
2. When ready to cook, over medium head, add olive oil into pan along with bag of vegetables. Once vegetables have softened, remove from heat and place in larger pot to add in cream of mushroom, water, and Italian seasoning. Continue to mix so bottom does not burn.
3. In the meantime, poke pie shells with fork and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and place mixture, divided evenly, into pie shells.
5. Place half of package of crescent rolls onto each pie.
6. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
7. Cook at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes until top of pot pie is browned.